Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Listening and Responding

How different are we than children? Is our relationship with God similar to how our children, or in my case grandchildren, listen to us for a season, then they no longer hear our voice - or perhaps just ignore it (of course my grandkids are a model of perfection so they always listen and respond). As I read the Bible it appears there is a constant battle for our heart. Yesterday I read, God formed me and knew me intimately (Psalm 139). God had a specific plan for me, just as he does for you (Jeremiah 1:5). God demonstrates His power and authority and yet still we fall away (Jeremiah 2). In my prayer journal I wrote this prayer - "Life is found in you Lord, and only you. Lord direct my mind that I would be set on your interest (Matthew 16:23). Enable me to take up my cross and follow You, for only in following do I gain fullness of life. There is a battle Lord for my heart and mind. Lord be victorious in capturing my heart and mind and leading me to do all your will."

I wonder what change would occur in our world if our ears were attunded to listening to the voice of God and we had the discipline and courage to act upon the hearing of his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment